Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My 1st Annual Witch Party!!

Halloween of 2007, my friend and then co-worker Elaine agreed to dress up with me on Halloween. I've longed to dress up as a witch and she agreed to be a witch with me. We ordered our costumes on-line and we were so excited the day they arrived! We met at work at 6:30 a.m. to dress and do our make-up for the day. When we got all put together, we walked across the street to McDonald's to get a sausage biscuit for breakfast! It was so much fun seeing people's reaction as we walked down the street! As we got to McDonald's it was like there was a elephant in the room but no one was going to ackowledge it! Maybe they thought we were going to hold them up and ask for.... "all the sausage biscuits in a bag and don't call the police!" ....It was rather odd!

Once we got back to work the 4 men we work with still hadn't gotten to the office. We watched the parking lot and waited as each one arrived. When we saw who pulled into the parking lot, we went and sat in their dark office and waited for them to see us. It was great...the first one, Roger Chamberlain, was kind of startled and chuckled; Dan Harper just laughed; Troy Pugh jumped; but Roger Pugh was worth all the effort....he was on his cell phone when he flipped on the light. We were sitting on the couch and he shouted, "Oh my crap!" and jumped out of his skin! He had an absolute look of horror on his face! My day was complete!

After work, I went to Milo and Melanie's Trunk or Treat and then they went with me to my ward's Trunk or Treat. Nobody knew who I was for the longest time! It wasn't until I talked to Kathy Perrins that she recognized me. It was after that, I decided I was going to get a group of women together the next Halloween and have a Witch Party!

I know Halloween is still 7 weeks away but it takes time to get the costume ordered and accessorized! So...I've sent out 6 invitations so far and will send some more out when I decide to who. We'll all meet at my house at 1 p.m. and we'll put on our makeup and costumes. After that we're going to go to a late lunch at Dana's and roam around as witches! Won't that be great? I'm so excited about it! I hope this starts a long tradition of Witch Parties!!!

Are YOU brave enough?.....Stay tuned for the outcome and pictures of my party!!

8 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

Man, if I lived close enough, I would totally do this! I would even dress up all my boys as vampires and take them with me! Haha. Winston as a little vampire would be adorable! Maybe that's what he should be for Halloween...all my little Cullens!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Marion, I know I can't do this. No matter how badly I think I can. Part of me wants to, but the biggest part of me knows I can't, I am a whimp. I have tried to think of another costume, but it really wouldn't fit the theme. We have so much in common, but you girl are so much braver than I!!!!!

Nicole said...

Aunt Mimi...there is no way to say this nicely, but you make a GREAT witch!! Your costume and make-up were awesome. I hope your party is so much fun!! It sounds like a great time!

Amber said...

I just love it, Marion! I'm so excited to see all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Now when people ask me about my mother-in-law I am not overreacting when I say she is a real witch...

Anna said...

Im a witch everyday, I dont even have to dress up. I loved your costume last year and cant wait to see this year!

melanie said...

Ha, Richard! I think you might have set yourself up on that one Marion.

Why oh why is there no school that day? Let's hope I can find someone willing to watch the hyper kids waiting to trick or treat!

Now onto the costume....

Brianne said...

I'd dress up if I could go. But oh well! It would've been fun.