Thursday, September 11, 2008

Melanie...Our 9/11 Birthday Girl!

It's Melanie's birthday today. She's my oldest son's wife and my very first child-in-law and she'll hate me for posting about her! (Paybacks are great, aren't they?) I think it would be hard being the first in-law into a family AND to a family of 3 sister-in-laws plus the mom-in-law! But Melanie has been an absolute blessing to our family.

Over the years we've formed a special relationship, I think. She's become my friend, my go-to-girl, a confidante, but most importantly she's become a daughter. Here's what makes Melanie who she is:

  • She has a great laugh...you always know when she's in the vicinity!
  • She has a giving heart and is always doing for someone else.
  • She knows what I need before I even do and does it for me lots of times! I've come home from work to have my whole house completely vacuumed! (With 4 kids in tow!)
  • She has a wonderful sense of humor.
  • She can mimic people's voices, especially her children's to a tee!
  • She's very talented even though she doesn't think so.
  • She's a great cook and always has a great recipe.
  • She loves the gospel and is sharing that with her children.
  • She's a friend to many....
  • And knows everyone! If you're ever anywhere with her...she'll run into someone she knows.
  • She keeps my hair cut and up-to-date! (I'm glad I'm family!)
  • She's patient with me in the above subject and knows about every other haircut I'll want something different!
  • She has endless energy...(something she's passed onto her children!)
  • She's a wonderful wife and mother.
  • She gets things done quick!
  • When she gets something in her mind...she does it!
  • When I get something in MY mind....SHE does it! (Be careful what you tell her!)
  • She's very expressive. I love listening to her stories, especially about the kids.
  • She's passionate about the things she loves and enjoys.
  • She's always got great ideas.
  • She has great taste!
  • She's an inspiration in many ways to me.
  • She's given me 4 wonderful and beautiful grandchildren. And let's me spoil them most of the time!


Happy Birthday, Melanie! I love you, dearly! Thank you for being a special part of this family and accepting all our crazy ways!

5 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

From one mom to another, thanks for all you do for Mel. She is blessed to have you in her life. I have to agree that the best from both Mel and Milo are those 4 kids!!!!! I'm jealous you get to spoil them more than me. Just to explain..... that's why I'm so ridiculous when I come to WA!

Shaila Lou said...

She's definitely a better at telling stories then me. She always remembers the funny things her kids say. I forget within 10 min it seems and rarely get it written down. Yet again, Happy Birthday Mel!

melanie said...

You are too, too kind. I love you lots and am grateful for the evolution of our friendship. I only do for you what you do for me (us). You know it's true!!

We are taking a better photo together SOON!!! (the first photo seals it, I'm going back dark!)

Thanks again, I'll be getting your post ready for October!!

Brianne said...

I love your list of Mel's qualities! Every one of them right on the nose. Mel is a great asset to our family!! Love you, Mel! Happy b-day!

Kathy’s Korner said...

I agree, Melanie is terrific, she is lucky to have such a fun mother-in-law and you are lucky to have such a great, loving daughter-in-law! A win, win!!!