Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Time......there's never enough!

I've really enjoyed having a blog, BUT....I never seem to have the time to spend on it that I would like. I have thoughts while I'm at work or when I'm in the middle of something at home (and there's been a LOT of "in the middle of somethings lately"...more on that later!) that I'd like to make a post about and then when I have time to post...the moment is gone along with the thought.

My biggest thought lately has been to take more time for the things that are important that I've neglected this past year. The things that keep me grounded...scripture reading, praying, going to the Temple, and serving others! I do them...but not as regularly as I have and I need to be more consistent....that's my goal for this year...to work on those things. I know why I am here on this earth and I'm grateful for that knowledge. I'm grateful for those tools that we've been given to keep us on track and closer to our Father in Heaven. And I've learned through experience that life is "easier" (but not always easy) and I am so much happier when I'm doing the things I know I should do.

Now that I've written it down for all to see...I'll be more committed to making it happen.

4 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Let me know when you want to go to the temple. I constantly have to reevaluate my life. We missed you at the granny group tonight!!! It is never the same without you. You are a spiritual giant Marion...I am glad you are my friend!

Shaila Lou said...

That was good mom! I need to be better at these things too. This is my year to get back into my routine. It has been almost a year since having Winston, you would think I would be there already!

Thanks for letting us stay with you for so long. I hope your enjoying your peace and quiet, since it's been so long without it! I love you tons!!!

melanie said...

I have a list I want to see some results with this year too. Not just the list at the end of the year and no changes made. Somehow I'm making this my year. And most of this is on my list too. Especially the temple, with Reed last year attendance was not good. I've missed it.

I know you'll do it. You stick to a plan.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Yes, I want to go to the temple with you too! You are a great example to all of us, with you service and spirituality! Missed you last night!