Friday, January 16, 2009

Grayson Michael Luttmer...Our #10 turned "1"!

Grayson has such a big and cute smile!

Grayson turned 1 on January 10th. He was born a little over 2 weeks after his cousin, Reed. Landon and Holli had his birthday party for him last Saturday and it was a full house!


Reed, Nathan, Grayson, Kathryn and Dane

His Bushman cousins were able to be there! I like how Nathan is trying to get the two one year olds to cooperate for the picture! They were too busy with Curious George!

Holli asked me a couple of months ago if I'd make Grayson a Curious George cake. I've only worked with brown Wilton paste a couple of times and now I know that it doesn't just darken one shade darker but about 10 shades! Well, maybe not that many but it really darkens a lot! (Note to all of you cake decorators!)

Holli wanted a little cake for Grayson to dig into so I made this little monkey cake. I baked the cake in my Pampered Chef 4 cup batter bowl. It worked pretty good. The ears were those little 100 calorie Hostess cupcakes cut in half and frosted. Again....it's way dark!!

Grayson beginning to eat his 1st birthday cake! I don't know why I didn't get a picture of him after he really got into the cake!

He was very willing to share his cake with everyone!

We had a fun time sharing his 1st birthday with him! We actually bought a new camera the same day, thus...I have pictures! (Again, Reed gets shafted! Sorry, Reed!) Grayson is such a good combination of Landon and Holli! He looks like both of them. At times I really see a lot of Landon in him and then other times I really see a lot of Holli. He's such a sweet boy! He was taking a few steps on his birthday so I guess you can say he was officially walking on his first birthday. Again, we've been blessed with another sweet, beautiful boy adding a lot of joy to our family tree!

And we're not done yet...I haven't posted about Emma who turned 1 in October....and Winston will be turning 1 in February.........stay tuned.........................................................................................

4 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

I love that great big smile of his! What a cutie

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I remember when I used to do cake decorating...good for you to not stop. Maybe I will give it a shot again. How very creative...Martha!

Shaila Lou said...

Happy 1st Birthday little Grayson! I can't believe these babies are all turning one! Really it's quite sad.

Great job on the cake Mom, it turned out soooo cute.

So you got your new camera! I was wondering where all these pictures came from. So what did you get? You never told me, I'm so offended!

melanie said...

I just love your mini monkey cake! It's adorable. I almost wanted to eat it cause it was too cute.

I love the first photo and that sweet, cheesy smile! Happy Birthday Grayson!