Thursday, January 22, 2009

First GraMimi Night of 2009!

When Nathan was born (my first grandbaby) I couldn't wait until he was old enough to start the tradition of a "GraMimi Night". I think he was 15 months old when I took him for the first time overnight. I look back now and can't believe he was that young! (If my scanner worked I would post pictures of that 1st GraMimi Night.)

With it being MLK Day on Monday, I told Melanie if it looked like we'd be home I'd take Nathan Sunday night. So...Milo, Melanie and fam, along with Landon, Holli and Grayson got together for dinner Sunday. (Melanie's posting about the excitement of that night! Stay tuned...) After all the excitement, Nathan ended up staying with us. His first activity was.....
The grandkids love bathing in my jacuzzi bathtub. I only put a little bit of bubbles in the water but when they turn on the jets it makes LOTS of bubbles as you can see. Then Poppy wanted to give him a bubble beard....


We woke up Monday morning and made pancakes, played some Yahtzee on my iPod Touch...
...got dressed for the day and then Poppy and Nathan.....

...went for a jog. I thought they'd be back in about 5 minutes but a half hour later they came huffing and puffing home. You can see how cold it was that morning. Nathan said he tried to get Poppy to "jump a fence and cut through a field" but he had to go the "long way"! What a trooper he was!

Around lunch time we picked up Dane. After our excitement on Sunday I thought Milo could use some rest. Melanie took Reed and Kathryn to the Tri-Cities and Poppy and I took Nathan and Dane to the new McDonald's. IT WAS CRAZY BUSY! With it's new remodel I thought it would be much larger than it is but we didn't have too long of a wait before a table cleared. I guess that's why it's called "fast food"! I tried to take some pictures but it was just too crazy! Just to let you know...it may be a "new" McDonald's but it's still.....McDonald's!! (ick!)

After lunch Poppy dropped us off at the movies and Nathan, Dane and I watched "Hotel for Dogs." I do have to say that I wasn't very excited to go sit through a kid movie but it was actually quite cute...and rather emotional in a couple of parts...sniff, sniff!! We ate lots of popcorn, Milk Duds (you have to put them IN the popcorn!), gummie Lifesavers, and Sour Patch Kids! After all....it was a "GraMimi Night" and that's when just about anything goes!!....within reason! Poppy got a picture of us after the movies!

...Does GraMimi look a little worn out?...or was it the popcorn w/Milk Duds!!

It was a really fun time! I'm finally feeling like I'm over my sickness and I felt really good over the weekend and had my energy back! Yey!!! I'm grateful I have Milo's kids (and now Grayson, too!) close so we can share special times like these! I'm so richly blessed!

Thank you, Nathan, for a fun GraMimi Night! Whose turn next?................................................

6 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

What a great example you are to all of us. How fun to spend that time with those special little ones. My favorite is the bubble beard (sp). Glad they live close enought to play with!

Anna said...

I want it to be my turn next. Can I come stay the night with no kids? You are a great grandma and I know those kids adore you! Im glad Melanie has such a good Mother in Law since I know she misses her mom who lives so far away!

Shaila Lou said...

I definitely think it's my turn next. I want a mom night, with no kids and then I want to go shopping the next day, again no kids, and I want a prize! Hehe!

I'm loving the documenting with the new camera! The picture of Pop and Nathan running is sooo cute! Way to go Nathan!

BTW, you're scanner does work, I just used it. Give me a call next time you want it, and I'll tell you how it works!!! Love you mi madre!

melanie said...

I just LOVE that first photo. I'm cracking up that was the first activity. They wait for their turn in that tub! How is the boy this big? That's when I'll say sniff, sniff. But he's getting funny and smart and sweet right along with it so it's ok. You have to scan the other one, I bet he looks so young!

I didn't know that Nathan wanted Mike to be MacGyver. Jumping fences and all. Love that photo too!

I'm glad the movie wasn't painful. They loved going with you.

Thanks for everything! Love you.

melanie said...

It sounds like you need to host a 'GraMimi Girl Night'. So far your number is up to 3.... :)

Granny DeeAnn said...

Can I come too? Great pictures of #1. Quit making my competition harder! Wish I lived closer. Maybe someday. don't let them overwork you. Save a little for me! :o)