Friday, January 16, 2009

Reed William Bushman...Our #9 turned "1"!


I'm so so so far behind in what's been going on in our family! The holidays were so busy and poor Reed...he was born December 23 and his first birthday was shoved in the mix of it all! Will he ever have a "normal" birthday? Melanie and I have talked about how we need to have everything done before his birthday so the focus can be on him. I usually do the grandkids birthday cakes and I felt bad that I didn't have the time to do his. I think we need to re-do his birthday in June!!

His Granny Deanne was given the outfit in this photo, I believe, from a co-worker to give to Reed. Melanie then took an old fashioned picture of him and I don't think I've ever seen a cuter picture! He's such a cute little boy! And he has such a happy disposition, too! When he smiles his whole face lights up! He's been an absolute joy added to our family tree!

This picture was taken right after he was born. He had lots of dark hair and now he's blonde. He's changed so much! I think out of all the grandkids he's changed the most from when he was born. He came about 8 days early so when he was born before Christmas we were very surprised but what a wonderful Christmas gift!

Thanks Milo and Melanie for adding another cute boy to our family tree!

3 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

I love that picture of him! Happy birthday Reed!

Kathy’s Korner said...

That one year picture of Reed could be entered into a contest. It would win!!! You are a wonderful grandmother. I wonder if he will ever have a normal birthday. You can get away with #1but you are right you had better prepare ahead of time. I two kids in January and I was so worn out by then, that I started shoping for their birthdays during my Christmas shopping. My daughters son is Dec 8, her husband Dec 15 and their aniversary Dec 28. She manages to go over board on her son and things slide a little after that. That makes June a great time to make it all up and that is when she has her birthday! Is life ever fair?

melanie said...

Oh seeing him as a newborn is crazy, he has grown up SO much! I just love the little toddler he's turning into. Well, except for all the screaming! Great post GraMimi! (oh and he was 15 days early!)