Monday, November 3, 2008

Which Witch is Which?

Front row; left to right: Telsie, Elaine, Sharon, Pat, and Susan.
Back row; left to right: Melanie, Holli, Shaila, Brianne, Me, LaVoy, and Mom.

My 1st Annual Witch Party was quite the success! Of course, that's my opinion! I went into this very excited at first and then I got really nervous! After the invitations went out and I didn't hear from anyone for a few days I thought, "I wonder if they all think I'm really nuts?" But after a few days I started getting some responses and I went back to being excited! I put a lot of thought into who to invite. And I think I did really well! Next year I hope to have even more friends who would like to join in!

Witches Sharon, Mom, and Telsie!


Witches Matilda (LaVoy) and Mom.

The day started with me and LaVoy dressing up for work. I woke up at 4 a.m. to get myself together and met LaVoy at work around 6:45 a.m. We greeted Roger and Troy, our bosses, with "Phantom of the Opera" playing (although the music messed up each time I paused it to play it at the right spot!) LaVoy nearly gave one of our older clients a heart attack when she came out of the back office to greet them at the front desk! The poor woman shuddered! LaVoy was rather frightful!

My car full of witches! How fun is that! I love this picture!

I left work early to be ready for my guests to arrive around 1 p.m. It was such fun to answer the door and see them dressed up and what costumes they'd come up with! There was a lot of giggling and laughter as each one arrived. When all of us were there we got into our cars and left for lunch to Dana's. I was a little disappointed that they put us in the Banquet Room away from the crowd. But we had a nice time visiting, taking pictures, and enjoying our lunch.

My BFF, Elaine and me....if it wasn't for her being willing to dress up with me last year, this year probably wouldn't have happend!
Me and my beautiful witch daughters: Brianne, Shaila, me, Melanie, and Holli. We missed you, Leish!

Afterward, just me, Elaine, Brianne, and Shaila roamed the streets of Moses Lake. Shopped in a few stores and went to Dairy Queen for more calories! All in all....it was so much fun! I hope those witches that attended and some brave new ones will want to do it again next year! I'm already planning!
Witch Pat and me.
Witches Melanie, Susan, Sharon, and Pat.
Thank you fellow Witches! It was more fun than I had hoped for! I hope you all had as much fun as I did! Until next year..................................!

5 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

It was so much fun dressing up for Halloween again. I would love to do it every year with our kids! Thanks for letting me join in your fun Mom! I love you're crazy ways...most of the time!

(My word verification had "boo" in it...haha!)

Kathy’s Korner said...

You are tooo crazy! Thanks for naming the witches. I really couldn't tell. You had to have had some fun parties as a teen! I am glad we are friends even tho I am a muggle. (my word verification is panduner!)

melanie said...

I agree it was the best witchy time ever. I've never even dressed up as a witch before and it was fun. The kids got such a kick out of all the costumes. Next year I want to peruse downtown too.

Thanks for going all out. I loved it!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Thank you Marion! It was a lot of fun! Just proves that we may be getting older physically but mentally we are still all kids! You my friend...are one of life's greatest blessings!!!

Brianne said...

I had so much fun. It was fun to see how people reacted to us. My favorite part was walking the streets of Moses Lake and hitting the local Dairy Queen which had a few patrons but by the time we left we had scared them all away. Thanks for the fun party! Looking forward to next year already!!