Sunday, October 12, 2008

GraMimi's Pumpkins.......

Yesterday, Milo and Melanie decided to take their kids to a pumpkin patch. After tossing a couple back a forth they decided on "The Country Mercantile" by Pasco. I hurried and charged my camera batteries for only 10 minutes and we were out the door to follow Milo and family down to Pasco. We met up with The Perkes' and Luttmer's. It was a rather windy day! (Okay...it was really tornado weather!) I was only able to get a few photos before my camera died..........I didn't get any of Jayni (Sunshine), Tom, Brianne, or Melanie! And I didn't get any of us in the pumpkin patch! Sorry, family!

Nathan, Milo, Dane, and Kathryn in the straw maze.
Holli, Grayson, and Landon.


Our #9 pumpkin, Reed.






Cousins Reed & Grayson.




Our #10 pumpkin, Grayson.






Our #8 pumpkin, Mason.


Of course, I wouldn't forget my "main" pumpkin, Hubby! Wherever we go he wants the kids with us. He's such a blessing to our family and sacrifices so much to provide for all of us. He gives unselfishly and makes sure we're all taken care of. I can't begin to explain or express how much we all love him and appreciate him. He's the best! I love you, Hubby!



We ended the day at The Olive Garden with Never Ending Pasta Bowls! We had grit in our teeth, on our faces, and we had to pick straw out of our hair! But we had a wonderful Autumn Day with most of our wonderful kids and grandkids. Sorry family for not getting more pictures of all of you that were with us yesterday. Pop and I love you all!

4 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

What a fun post! Those kids are so cute! That was s pretty fast get away.

melanie said...

We had a great time, thanks for making it a day. The kids are in love with their pumpkins and are still talking about the straw pyramid. You guys are so great at including everyone. Love the photos you got, especially Milo and the big kids and Reed with his hat on. So cute. I'm glad the camera missed me, we can live without proof of straw in my hair and dirt in my teeth.

Great job on getting this day posted up! Love you both!

Shaila Lou said...

I'm proud that you got any pictures Mom!! Charge your batteries now, so that you can be ready for your witches party. You'll need lots of pictures for that!!

Looks like you all had some fun. It would have been fun to hit the straw maze!! And get some pumpkins too. The boys each have smalls ones so far, I think I'll just let them paint them. I'm not ready for the mess of carving quite yet. And the fact that my 5 year old is afraid of knives!!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Love your post Marion! I have to say tho that I have done the pumpkin patch with those cute Bushman kids! Only I carried around dead fish that Granny Dee Ann was going to clean and fry! Ha! Didn't happen. I tried to con Kyle into that job, but no way. Poor fishy got trashed. Sand in the teeth/dead fish?? I think that's a wash. Have fun at your witch party. You know the biggest witch will have to be there in spirit!!!