Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Is it bad to have a "want" list?

Usually there aren't many things that I actually "want". But right now there are several things and I'm having a little guilt over it! Why can't I be content with what I have and not want for more? Is it just human nature? But are we not here to overcome those carnal desires? Something I need to work on, most definitely, if I have such a "want" list! So I'm sharing my "want" list and the reasons behind the "wants"! Here are my selfish desires.....in no particular order!


I love music! All kinds of music! I have a 3rd Generation Nano iPod that my sweet Hubby gave me for my birthday last year....and I'm addicted! I love it! I love having so much music on it. I'm up to over 700 songs...(I know that's nothing compared to Milo's thousands...and I mean THOUSANDS!) I want ALL my CD's on my iPod but it's not quite large enough. Plus, movies...great for when you're traveling! I need more memory...........I'm talking about my iPod, not my brain! Well that, too!!




We have a digital camera and it's only about 4 years old but in this technological world, that's ancient. It's so slow when I take a picture...it's so delayed that if the grandkids move...I've missed the moment. So, I need to update my camera but Lou and Melanie will have to help us out with what would be good for us. Hubby wants a Canon though. And now that I've caught the blogging bug....a new camera would be great!






I've wanted a Wii for a year now. It mainly started when I got a taste of "Guitar Hero" when I played with Milo's XBox. (For you that may not know...and you may be a little shocked...I have a dark side...I could be a rock star groupie! Shocking, I know!) I love rock music...you know the 70's and 80's good rock music! BUT, a Wii Fit would be great, too, although I think I could get my workout with "Guitar Hero"! Exercise...that's the reason, right?!! :)



I really enjoy cooking. Especially breads and cookies. When Brianne moved to England she let me "store" her KitchenAid and I used it ALL the time! Then she came home......!!! I'm glad she's home but I miss her KitchenAid. Now that the holidays are approaching, I am yearning for this wonderful machine! They're fabulous if you've never used one! Making bread/rolls and cookies are so easy with one of these! The Pioneer Woman was giving 3 away....I didn't win!





I gave Hubby a laptop for his birthday and the little I've been able to enjoy it...I've loved it! Our desktop computer is fairly old and so slow now. I also, like the mobility of a laptop. Another great piece of entertainment when traveling.

So there's my selfish desires! Usually I can't even think of things I want but there's no guesses this year! And if the truth be known.... I'd be fine without any of it! I have everything I need and that's a beautiful and healthy family! And the knowledge of where I've come from, why I'm here, and where I'm going! I am so blessed! Life is good and a precious gift!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I so know where you are coming from! I have so much but want little things here and there, it seems ridiculous, but we are human! I like the things on your list and since I have 3 of those things (kitchenaid, cannon camera, laptop) I can assure you I love them!!

melanie said...

There, now I see your post. I think it's great to have a 'list'. I never know what I want, except a NEW house! So far, that hasn't been taken off the list. Hopefully soon. But like you, I can be happy without taking if off my list.

I love, love my mom's point and shoot Canon camera. It's quick and takes great photos.

I know when you can try out Wii fit, just don't tell the kids, ha!

Brianne said...

I have well over 7,000 songs on my iPod and I still haven't gotten around to putting on the majority of my CDs. It goes with me EVERYWHERE!! I especially love it when I go on my walk/jogs because it helps keep me going when I want to quit.

I too would love a new camera although the one I have is perfect for everyday use. But I want a BIG camera to take the good candid or family photos.

As for Wii Fit...would it get used as much as your treadmill? HAHA...sorry I had to ask!

Sorry I took the KitchenAid away. Hopefully you'll get one someday!

I would love to get you one or all of these items for Christmas but I need a want list from you with things that are UNDER $200! Actually probably a list of things under $10. HAHA!!