Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Twilight...it's almost here!

Girls...get ready. November 21 (yup...it's a Friday!) is officially GIRLS NIGHT OUT! The movie is almost upon us! If you haven't read this book yet...what planet do you live on! And if you haven't read the whole Twilight Series...Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn...we need to talk! There still is hope for you!




A little history...My wonderful daughter Leisha is the biggest bookworm I know! She always has her nose in a book. She L.O.V.E., loves books. She respects books...........no dog ears, doesn't break in the spine, doesn't let it lie open face down...you get the drift, right? If you're lucky enough to have her lend you a book, she'll tell you to not do the above to her book! And she is serious! Anyway, I let my dear daughter down! A couple of years ago when she and Richard were home for Christmas she told me I needed to read this book that was really good about vampires. When she said "vampires" I let it fly right over my head. No interest! (Sorry, Leish...please forgive me!)


Then....my daughter's and dil, Melanie started talking about the 3rd book coming out and how they were going to buy it as soon as it was on the shelves. That was when I went to Hastings and bought "Twilight" ... I was hooked. I was an official "Twilighter" or whatever you want to call all of us silly women who are forever in love with Edward, or in some cases, Jake! (Read the books if you don't get it!)

I'm hoping the movie doesn't disappoint me! I know it probably won't be as good as the book because most movies made from a book aren't but the previews look pretty intriguing!

I've talked to the movie man here in Ephrata (Loyd) and he said there's a 90% chance that he'll be able to get the movie in Ephrata. If that's the case, we're going to reserve a couple of booths and have a pizza party prior to the movie. Let me explain...at the Lee Theatre in Ephrata they have 6 u-shaped booths that you can reserve and they serve Reel Time Pizza there at the theatre. I'll keep you posted if Ephrata is going to have the movie...if not, we'll move our night out to another location!

Who's coming with me?

6 comments:

Anna said...

Are nieces allowed? Especially if it is your favorite niece?

Matthew Hardy said...

how'bout son-in-laws... HAHAHA

Leisha said...

To correct you Mom Babe I told you about Twilight the summer of 06! Then also when you came down to conference with us I told you about it again when we were at the BYU Bookstore. I remember this ‘cause I bought New Moon that day. I didn’t mind that you weren’t into it when I told you about it, it’s when you asked ME if I had heard about Twilight a year later! That’s just simply unforgivable…Just kidding!

melanie said...

Twilight wont be the same without Leisha....the #1 fan!! Count me it, I'm always in need of some girl time. I hope the movie doesn't totally disappoint either. Can I still come if Edward bugs me? (I'm not the hopeless romantic, ha!)

Brianne said...

I'm in as long as the hubby can watch the kids! I've been seeing the trailers and it looks really good! Hopefully they're not showing all the good parts and then you're disappointed when you see the movie. I think I'll make a Team Edward shirt!!

Shaila Lou said...

I so want to go, but we won't be home yet! But I am oh so excited for the movie. I'll definitely be having a girls night of my own!