Friday, November 14, 2008

8 is Great! Happy Birthday, Kathryn!

I became Kathryn's GraMimi when she was 3. I can't believe it's been 5 years since she became a part of my family. She's become a dear grandaughter that I love and I'm honored to be able to be her grandma. Kathryn is a beautiful and special girl. This is what I love about Kathryn....

  • She's ALWAYS smiling and happy.
  • She has big, beautiful, bluer than blue eyes.
  • And beautiful blonde hair with really blonde eyelashes.
  • She loves everyone...(sometimes that's a little scary!)
  • She loves animals...ALL animals.
  • She loves to color and draw.
  • She likes to write stories and draws pictures to go with the stories.
  • She likes to be a girl but she can rough and tumble as well as the boys!
  • She's a great clogger!
  • She's a great big sister!
  • She's very obedient.
  • She's very creative.
  • She's a great performer. She put a rock band together with the help of her brothers. She was the lead singer, of course.
  • She has lots of friends.
  • She loves school.
  • She's about the sweetest girl I know.

Kathryn, you're such a sweet girl and there's always a such brightness around you. I'm so proud of you and so blessed to have you as a grandaughter. I love you very much! Happy Birthday!

Kathryn's Barbie Doll Birthday Cake

This was my first attempt at a Barbie Doll Cake. Kathryn wanted me to surprise her with a cake instead of her choosing what she wanted. I decided at the last minute yesterday to try doing a Barbie cake. It turned out okay and next time...if there is a next time...I'll know what will work better. (A better pan for one thing!) Even though I wasn't too thrilled with it, Kathryn was..........and that's all that matters!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Happy happy birthday to Kathryn. She is so sweet. I can't even believe that she is 8. WOW!

melanie said...

I just love her blue eyes in the top photo. Such a great list about our sweet girl. She was as happy as can be going home in the car tonight. She loved her barbie cake. Thanks once again for taking the time to make such a cute creation!! You're great! Are you ready for our 'girl day'?

Brianne said...

She's a great little sister too! I love you Kathryn. Hope you had a great birthday!!

Great job on the cake. You're pretty amazing!! I love you Mommy!

Shaila Lou said...

Happy Birthday sweet Kathryn! She's such a sweet girl that's easy to love. I love you Kathryn!

I think you did a great job on the cake! You're awesome Mom! Maybe you could do a GI Joe one for my boys. You know like GI Joe coming out of a dirt pile. Haha. If I only had a girl, dah da dah da dah daaaaaa! (If I only had a brain music was going through my head as I wrote that! Ha)

Granny DeeAnn said...

I'm so glad I don't have to compete in the cake area!!! It's hard enough in all the other areas!! Great job Granmimi! Nathan's cake was over the top too. I guess I just have to be the oldest! See you at Christmas. Love the season look and music.