Thursday, December 4, 2008

Better Late Than Never...BUT I REALLY AM THANKFUL!

Where does the time go? There never is enough days or hours in a day to get the many things done that I NEED to do...let alone WANT to do! Having a full-time job has become an inconvenience that I'm anxious to give up one day to spend the time to do more than just what I NEED to do! I feel I just get the surface of everything done and nothing is done the way I really would like it done! (I want to clean and organize my garage!!) I just get by...............

I missed posting for Thanksgiving. I don't think we even took pictures that day! Sad, I know! I had a full house; Hubby & myself, Mom & Dad, Brianne and family, Milo and family, Landon and family, LaVoy (my sister) and family which totaled 19 for dinner plus 2 babies. Shaila and her crew came over for dessert so the house was bulging at the seams! We missed Leisha, Richard, and Emma!

As we were starting to clean up dinner, the women all decided to be spontaneous and go see "Twilight". All of us had seen it but Mom so it gave the rest of us an excuse to see it again! Melanie opted out since she was hitting Black Friday and leaving Milo all day with the 4 kids. (We missed having you along, Mel...and thanks for doing so much while we were gone!) I enjoyed Twilight better the second time.

Anyway....I am very thankful for many things. Here's a few but certainly not all....that would be never ending...


  • I'm thankful for knowing and having more than just faith that I have a Heavenly Father.
  • I'm thankful for everything He has given me because EVERYTHING comes from Him.
  • Family...my parents, siblings, Hubby, children (in-laws), and grandbabies that light up my life!
  • Home...that is my refuge from the world.
  • Friends...for special ones that I know were placed in my life for a reason. (And who will dress up as Witches with me!)
  • Gospel...I treasure my testimony and am so thankful for the knowledge it gives me of who I am, where I've come from and where I am going.
  • Health...I come from good stock! Life would be so hard without good health!
  • To be a citizen of a nation founded on Christianity! Let's remember that!
  • This time of year...I love the Savior and for His example of what I need to be!

The list could go on and on! I'm thankful for so many things!.......Everyday!

3 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I am thankful for you Marion! You are soooo much fun and never make me feel like I don't belong (sometimes I wonder if I will find my cubby hole ever again). Thank you for being YOU!!!

Shaila Lou said...

Good list Mom! I still haven't done my Thanksgiving post either. It's going up tomorrow...hopefully! I'm glad we were close to you on the holidays! I love you!

melanie said...

Look at you posting it up, I love it!

I love your list of thankfuls. It's true, we have so much and all of it from Him. Thanks for the reminder.