Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Older I Get...


...the simpler my holiday preparations become...
...the closer I feel to old friends as I write my Christmas cards...
...the more I cherish the oldest ornaments...
...the more fondly I remember Christmases past...
...the longer I hold on to a holiday hug...
...the more I realize Christmas is a matter of the heart...
...the tighter my throat gets when I sing "Silent night"...
...the more I enjoy giving than receiving...
...the more I try to see Christmas through the eyes of a child...
...the longer I sit at night in the glow of the Christmas tree...
...the more wondrously beautiful the Christmas story is...
...the deeper my awe at God's infinite love...
the More I Love Christmas!

(I found this inside a Christmas card and I wanted to share it. It's so true!)

3 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

I like that a lot. Thanks for sharing!!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I love that message. I am really sentimental about the Holidays. I didn't have the best memories of Christmas as as child and I wanted to make sure my children had it all. Tonight we are decoratin GingerBread houses. Okay, I got real...it's a premade kit! :)

melanie said...

I love to just sit in the dark with only the light of the tree. Christmas is such a great time of year. Great list, love that you posted it.