Friday, January 29, 2010

Wenatchee Half Marathon 2010

(Please scroll down to bottom of blog to begin music so you get the entire effect of this post!)

Take a BIG breath, Marion! LaVoy and I registered to run/walk this year's Wenatchee Half Marathon, April 17th! Did I really say that? Me? Someone who has never liked to run her ENTIRE life? Yup! I said it and I'm preparing mentally and physically for it! This is how it started...

There has always been a really far down, deep desire for me to be a runner. I see people every morning/evening out on the streets running; my sister-in-law, Amber, does triathalons; my brother-in-law is running the Boston Marathon this year; my friend, Nancy, does marathons.

When I reconnected with Nancy and found out she became a runner a little later in life, it gave me the incentive to do it, too. I'm just beginning...really...BEGINNING!! Nancy sent me a website that's "Couch to 5K" and Shaila sent me an app for my iPhone that's the same, "Couch to 5K". So, I've begun....

To give me the goal + incentive, I took one of Nancy's pictures off her blog, found another woman running, and copy/pasted my head on her so I was running with Nancy! (LaVoy and I are experts at copying/pasting heads!) Isn't that a great goal? Me actually running in a marathon! And what a fun way to imagine it having Nancy run along side of me coaching me along!

Okay..now it's out there! I said it...I wrote it down for all to see! Enjoy laughing at the picture! I think it's rather hilarious myself!! Happy running!

P.S. Please keep me in your prayers!!

10 comments:

Cara said...

LMAO!!! Too funny! I wish you and LaVoy the best of luck and I hope I can be there to watch you run it. You have more determination than I do and my only advice is get a GOOD sportsbra for the "Ta-Tas". I love you, my little running seester!

Leisha said...

Good job Mom Babe! The only desire I have would be handing out the water as you come running/walking by.

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! I actually have started running. Everyone is out running here. Kim does marathon biking. He has like a $2000 bike...I have a Swinn from Costco. I feel so much better when I do combination run and walk. I agree with the Sports Bra...LOVE THE PHOTO!!!

Nancy Mc said...

Wow! You look great as a runner! I Wish you and LaVoy the best of luck as you train and RUN this half marathon. I know you can do it! Keep us posted on your progress. I reported to my son everyday about my distance and speed, and that gave me motivation to train like I was suppose to. Now I am going to add this music to my i-pod. Love it!

Amber said...

Marion, I am so proud of you for doing this!!! You CAN do it! I know you can. I want to hear all the training info and about the great days, and the not so great days. I wish I could be there for the big day. Boy, you don't start small do you?? A half marathon to start?!?!?! All I can say is: You are my hero and I am so, so proud of you for doing this! Love you! P.S. Next thing you know, you'll be doing triathlons with me. ;)

melanie said...

The music makes the post! I'm so proud of you too! We'll have to make you some sort of cute button/ribbon of all the grandkids to keep pushing you on with all their cuteness. I want to do it, you're almost motivating me to sign up! Keep up the great work, the accomplishment is going to feel SO good! Plus I hear it's addicting and this is a good addiction. :) Love you!

Marie Winters Adams said...

Way to go girl. The music makes me want to run!! I'm so glad you girls are doing it.....there are a few of us signed up, too. (Janene,Paula,Frank Norris, me and I heard that Roger and Leanne were going to do it, also)
P.S. If I can do it, you sure can. And you don't have to run!!

Shellie said...

Way to go! You can do it. Anna and I do the Couch to 5K program. Have fun!

Eva Persson said...

I love that you reconnected with Nancy, so then I could reconnect with you as well. I really like that you are an expert at copying/pasting heads, I really wish I was. I have wanted to put my head on that of a super model for motivation to get in shape.
It's great you are doing the 1/2 marathon. I could participate by being at the finish line for your post-event massage. :)

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practice anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)