Monday, November 2, 2009

Witch-ever way you look at it...it has come and gone!


The witches have come and gone...the decorations are being put away...the hat and broom are being stored for another year...and I have "witch" let down! Kind of like after Christmas when everything is unwrapped, eaten, and everyone's gone home, I get a little bit down knowing it's all over! I'm finding out the same "let down" now with my Witch Party! But it was fun!

It's a work in progress. Last year was the first year and we met at my house and then went to a restaurant for lunch. This year I decided to have everyone bring their favorite Halloween concoction and eat, mingle, and visit. They both have been fun in different ways. Next year...who knows? Like I said...a work in progress!

Here's the Witches that attended:
Back row left to right: Me, LaVoy (sister), Debbie Price, Pat Butterfield, Tamara Hogsett, Venice Hammond (all 4 from my Ward), Cynthia Hardy (Shaila's mother-in-law),
Front row left to right: Melanie (daughter-in-law), Kathryn (granddaughter), Jayni (granddaughter),Shaila (daughter), and Brianne (daughter).



Unfortunately, I'm not a photographer and I was more worried about everything else and not photographs. Luckily, I have daughters and my daughter-in-law that took pictures so I'll have to post them when they get them to me.



This is a group of us around the table eating. I made a pumpkin stew and my sister, LaVoy, brought Mexican Corn Chowder with Shaila's rolls. I served red blood, rat poison, etc., (sparkling cider) in plastic martini glasses with a gummie eyeball for the olive. Someone brought mozzarella sticks that looked like fingers. We had spinach dip with a hand coming out of it and lots of good Halloween concoctions.


(Witches Venice and Pat)


(Witch LaVoy)


(Witches Tamara and Debbie)


(One of the many concoctions!)


(Witch Shaila Lou)


(Witch Brianne)


(Primping Witches)


(The Wicked Witch responsible!)

Thanks to all of you brave Witches that came and made my crazy passion come to life! I love you all for being so brave and sharing yourself and your friendship with me and all who attended.

Thank you to my daughters, Shaila, Brianne, and Leisha, granddaughters, Kathryn and Jayni, and daughter-in-law, Melanie, for letting me bounce ideas off you and for contributing to the fun! I plan on this being a warped family tradition! (Please keep the legacy going after I'm gone!)

Until next year............(or more photos!)

4 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

What fun, love those eye lashes! Good food, good fun!

Nicole said...

I love that this is a tradition. It is such a clever idea! I love all the costumes and food. Looks like so much fun. (Oh I love the new layout too>)

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Wow!!! You "TOADally" out did yourself!!! Life is way too short not to get crazy now and again! I was a witch for Halloween too...not quite as much fun without you wild and crazy girls but still worth the effort! Luv Ya! Sharon

JanaLee said...

Looks like way,too much fun!!! Jealous! Love the lashes by the way! Love ya wicked one!! (always knew you had a little secret side of ya)...