Thursday, February 12, 2009

Winston Clark Hardy...Our #11 is "1"!

Winston turned 1 on February 2. He is such a delightful baby! He always has a smile on his face and is sweet as can be. I was able to take the day off work and drive to Pullman to share his first birthday with him. I'm so glad I did. We had a fun day!

Shaila had taken off his clothes so he could dig into his birthday cake! Thus, just a onesie...and he wasn't feeling good on his birthday. Poor little guy didn't even want to enjoy his birthday cake!




Quinnie and Malcolm couldn't wait to eat the cake! Shaila is amazing! When she wants to do something she goes for it! She found this birthday cake idea and had never worked with fondant! But she found a recipe and ran with it! Isn't it adorable? The pigs and chicks were made out of fondant, too, and were so detailed and cute! You did a great job, Lou!

Melanie had sent me to Pullman with a darling John Deere toy tractor that had a cute face on it but it was too wide for the cake. So....

...we made a trip to the John Deere dealership in Moscow and found a tractor small enough for the cake. And while we were there...

...the boys each had to try out a tractor. Here's Malcolm wishing it was really running!

...Quinnie ready to race Malcolm and be the little daredevil that he is!



...and the birthday boy, Winston, thinking he's as big as his brothers!

Of course, our trip to Pullman isn't complete without hitting the famous "Cougar Country" or "Cougar Chunky" according to Quinnie. That's what we all call it now!

Cute boys! Quinnie always has to do some type of a pose! What a kid!

Happy 1st Birthday, Winston Clark Hardy! You're the youngest member of our family tree but I'm sure not the last! Poppy and GraMimi love you and we're thankful for the blessing and joy you have added to our family tree! May we be able to share many more birthdays with you!

6 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

What a cute little boy!!!! How fun to go to the John Deer store. Cute little kids!!! Lucky gramimi and poppy!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I love the cake. I judge the baked goods at the Grant County Fair. This is a BEST OF SHOW...BLUE RIBBON ENTRY!!! What handsome little guys. What manly names! How Fun!!!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
melanie said...

Happy Birthday Winners! Love all the photos. I'm glad you got to go to his party.

I agree with Sharon that is a first class cake! Make some money off that cake at the fair this year Lou!!

Shaila Lou said...

Happy birthday to my sweet baby boy! I still can't believe it's already been a year. I miss my newborn!

It was SO MUCH FUN having you come down and spend the day and night with it! I love having my mommy around! Of course I always like a traditional trip to Cougar Chunky too! Yum!

Thanks for all the sweet comments about my cake. I didn't think it would turn out so cute! Didn't know I had it in me! Funny thing is, I know I could never duplicate it. It was a one time deal!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.