Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 Random Things....

Shaila tagged me on her blog and 2 others tagged me on Facebook to publish "25 Random Things" about myself. I'm not sure I want anyone to know that many things about me but I'll give it a try...

1. I am the 3rd child of 7 children...5 sisters; Annise, Barbie, LaVoy, Jana Lee and Cara Lynn. And 1 brother; Travis who although he was the only boy in our family and he is just 15 months older than me, he was the best brother! I have so many wonderful memories of him.

2. I was born in Brigham City, Utah and Mom and Dad built a house in Honeyville when I was 1. We lived there until I was 8 when we moved to Ephrata, WA. Utah is and always will be home to me.

3. I have 5 children, 11 grandbabies, a wonderful husband, Michael and 1 dog. My family is everything to me! I love being a grandma and I love spending one on one time with each of them.

4. I was a super shy child and I am still a shy adult but I've learned that I have to step out of my comfort zone if I want to form relationships outside of my family. I hide my shyness fairly well.

5. I love playing the piano and wish I was an accomplished pianist. I took just a few piano lessons when I was in the 4th grade in Honeyville. We moved shortly after I started and then taught myself after that. I used the church hymn book and the Primary song book to learn from. I knew the tunes and would find the right note by ear and that's how I learned notes. I miss having a piano!! It's a stress reliever for me.

6. I am an avid recipe reader! They are my favorite books! My favorites are family, hometown, fundraiser cookbooks. The tried and true recipes! Give me a cookbook...I'm happy!

7. I love to cook, sew, make things, etc., and work with my hands...but having a job prohibits me from doing the projects I'd love to do. By the time I get home my get up and go has got up and went!

(Only 7!! I'm not even half way yet!)

8. I can do a lot of things but I don't feel I do just one thing really well! I would like to feel like I've mastered at least one thing! I guess that's my own fault! But I've always felt I could do almost anything given the opportunity.

9. I like to challenge myself...see above! Once I can see I can do it I kind of lose interest! Thus...I never "master" anything!

(Isn't this reflective!)

10. I like to write...something I don't do hardly ever! I used to write poems and I wrote one children's story that I always wanted to try and publish. When I'm asked to speak in church I enjoy writing my talk. I like to express my feelings on paper and I express them much better by writing them down. I verbally don't express myself as well.

11. I used to be really skinny! Honestly...I would get teased even in high school! I could eat anything I wanted for YEARS! My brother would say, "Marion, if you stood sideways and stuck out your tongue you'd look like a zipper!" At 38 things changed! Oh, my!

12. The 3rd time's the charm! Something I'm not proud of....I've been married 3 times and wish I was as wise then as I am now. It took me some major trials and some hard years to get where I am today!

12. I have a wonderful Hubby. We've been married for almost 17 years! He's also almost 14 years younger than I am but it doesn't feel that way. He was worth the wait! (I had to wait for him to grow up, after all!)

13. I've met John Denver! And I'm proud of it! He literally ran into me after I attended his concert at Lake Tahoe back in '79. I didn't wash my hand for weeks!

14. I like salty over sweet. I'll chose a bag of chips over a dessert until I eat the chips, then I need something sweet! Give me a big bag of hot buttered theatre popcorn with lots of salt and extra butter I'm in seventh heaven! Did I mention I used to be skinny?

15. I love music! I love classic rock music! I love all different kinds of music! I love my iPod!

16. I love to travel. I've been on vacations to Maui & England (twice) as far as "overseas" and hope to visit more "oversea" destinations. I was able to visit the early church history sites while back in New York at Leisha's. This year we're going to Nauvoo and I'm so excited to visit there. I'd love to just take a church history vacation.

17. My wish is to go to Rome, Italy when the Temple is dedicated there. What an awesome blessing to have an LDS Temple in Rome!

18. I love to shop! Not necessarily buy, but I love to browse and look at things. Especially things for my house. I'm slowly getting my house decorated. It's so expensive!

19. Another desire is to have color on my walls. I just can't decide on what colors I want!

20. I work with my sister, LaVoy! It's been an absolute blessing to see and talk to her everyday! I love you, Tillie! Now get to work!!

21. I love Hubby's family! His brother's and Hubby are wonderful men. I'm grateful for the good relationship I have with my mother-in-law and I have great sister-in-laws and we have lots of fun when we're together!

22. I'm indecisive! (See #19!) I'd rather have someone else make the decisions!

23. I love the Gospel! I'm proud to be a Latter-day Saint! I can't imagine not having the knowledge that it has given me! I'm grateful to have the faith that it takes to believe as I do and know for certain that it is Christ's restored church.

24. I love the Book of Mormon. It's from reading it that #23 means so much to me. If you haven't read it I give you the challenge to read it, ponder it and pray about it. It will change your life! Don't take someone else's word for it that it is true or not true. Find out for yourself!

AND FINALLY...

25. It's from personal trials that #23 and #24 mean so much to me! Unfortunately, for a few years I lived contrary to those beliefs. I'm so very grateful that I only found misery in those few years because now I know who I am and how I want to live my life. I now have true peace, happiness and joy and I know it's the gospel that helps to bring me there!

I DID IT! Now I tag anyone that hasn't done their list of "25 Random Things" that reads this! I'll be looking to find out more about you!

4 comments:

melanie said...

Well, look at you just blogging it up today. I love it! These random lists are my favorite.

I never knew you met John Denver. You are his super fan if you didn't wash your hands, ha!

You forgot to mention your love of salty croutons. :)

Maybe I'll do the tag. Don't you know enough about me all ready?

Kathy’s Korner said...

two blogs in one day wow. Glenn and I posted 25 things and so did some of our children. It was fun. Didn't know you liked salty things. Indecisive, how? Me too. After I decided to paint my entry it took three years to start, then the rest was easy. It think I have painted most of this house three time on the inside and two times on the outside. I love how your love for your family, hubby and the gospel come through. Great post!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I think we have a lot in common. Someday when we have free time...we will have to do some of them. Missed you at the digital scrapbooking night! I am going to try the 25 things about me...without depressing everyone!

Shaila Lou said...

I have to say to #10, you are very good at writing. She has helped me many times through school and talks. I love it! I also have a book full of poems that she has written through the years, and in her own handwritten. Did you know that I still have that mom? I should post some of them!

#22, I know where I get it from. I think I prayed a little to hard as a little girl to be just like you! I have a lot of your same qualities!

It was fun reading these Mom. I knew it all, but it was good to see it all written and see what a wonderful Mother you are! You are the best Mom for me!