Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Tender Moment in Time....



This last Monday, I drove to Kennewick to work for the day at an office of a new Investment Broker that started with the company, Waypoint Wealth Management, that I work for. As I drove into the Tri-Cities, there was construction going on and the main bridge over the Columbia River was closed. I turned around and headed toward the only other way I knew across the river. As I was getting close to the office, the broker called me to tell me his son had missed the school bus and had to hurry home, thus, giving me a few minutes to kill.

The office is in the same vicinity as the Columbia River Temple, so I kept driving and ended up in the parking lot of the Temple. Beings as it was Monday, the Temple was closed so there was no one around. As I looked up at the Temple, I got an immediate, overwhelming warm feeling that came over me. Then, the words came to my mind as tears welled up in my eyes, "This is where you will make your way back home."
It was such a tender moment that words can't describe.

At that moment I was so grateful for the knowledge and gift I have of the gospel and our Heavenly Father's plan for us to be united eternally with our families. Without the ordinances of the Temple, that would not be possible. This is where life's eternal questions are answered.

I'm grateful for that tender moment and wanted to share it with you.

There's a great article for those of you who may want to know more about our Temples. Go to:

http://www.lds.org/temples/purpose/why/0,11581,1953-1,00.html

4 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I love how you share your spiritual experiences. I felt the spirit so strongly when I read it. Marion, I think you are a very wonderful person...I think Heavenly Father thinks so too! Luv Ya Girlfriend!

Kathy’s Korner said...

It doesn't get any better than that. Thanks for your love and support!

melanie said...

So True! I've been feeling the pull to get there as soon as we can, it's been too long and I miss the quiet peace there. I'm grateful when we are given tender moments and even more grateful for the wonderful plan we have to help us return to our Father in Heaven. Great post!

Nancy Mc said...

Thanks for sharing this. I am so grateful to live near the Ogden temple. Thanks for linking me to your blog. I am doing the same. The internet is amazing. Who would have ever thought that we would find each other after all these years.